The safety and well-being of our guests, staff and community are our utmost priority during the recent events of COVID-19 and we are looking forward to being together in the mountains again soon. Below, we have provided our updated policies, resources to address your frequently asked questions and a list of ideas for the Whistler area that help support social distancing. The choices that we make together, will help us get through this together.
Guidance from our government is advising against all non-essential travel. During this time, we are only welcoming guests that are working in the health care industry, seeking a monthly rental or needing a place to self-isolate in Whistler.
The safety of our guests and staff are our highest priority during the recent events of COVID-19. As we continue to navigate through this evolving situation, we want you to know that we are committed to ensuring everyone feels safe, secure and connected during these challenging times.
Health Canada is recommending increasing measures to ensure social distancing so in respect of our guests and staff, we want to assure you that we are available to support you via phone and email 24 / 7.
Our homes are professionally cleaned between guests stay and although our cleaners always regard a high standard of cleanliness, they are being extra diligent in disinfecting all high contact areas and going above and beyond to ensure a very sanitary environment.
For guests that currently have a reservation with us in the near-term, we have adopted an Extenuating Circumstances Policy in response to events around COVID-19. We invite guests to contact us directly for more information.
Tips for Staying Healthy
In the addition to the above, we have provided the most important ways that you can protect yourself and your family from viruses such as COVID-19. Please also see the Government of Canada’s website for further information:
- Now and always during cold and flu season, stay home if you are sick. Encourage those you know are sick to stay home until they no longer have symptoms.
- Since respiratory viruses, such as the one that causes COVID-19, are spread through contact, change how you greet one another. Instead of a handshake, a kiss or a hug, a friendly wave or elbow bump is less likely to expose you to respiratory viruses.
- Practise frequent hand hygiene and coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, such as toys and door handles.
Top Activities for Social Distancing
In respect of social distancing we have compiled a list of ideas and activities for you to enjoy while social distancing:
- Go for a walk or bike ride in your neighbourhood.
- At home workouts – many instagram fitness pages and YoutTube channels are offering free live workouts you can do at home!
- Yoga classes – some companies such as Lululemon have at home yoga practices, sweat sessions, meditations and more!
- Read a book.
- Find a great recipe online and cook or bake with your family.
- Find a great movie and cozy up next to the fire.
- Watch Netflix or Disney.
- Many Museums have virtual tours online.
- Artists are holding live stream and virtual concerts.
- Start a journal of your trip.
- Listen to a Podcast.
- Set up a treasure hunt around the home for your kids.
- Have an indoor / outdoor picnic.
- Go on virtual Disney Rides.
Stay Connected and Follow us on Social Media